Competition Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions defined below are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to any competition ("Competition") featuring in Lagom Essence website. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Lagom Essence reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice at any time.
Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
4. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and/or the Isle of Man. The address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
5. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Lagom Essence reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
6. Lagom Essence assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
7. Lagom Essence reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
8. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Lagom Essence in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
9. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and Lagom Essence discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Lagom Essence reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified as follows:
The competition commences on Monday 2nd April 2018 and closes on Monday 30 April 2018. All entries must be received by 12 noon on the 30 April 2018.
11. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'brute force', 'script' or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
12. There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with a Lagom Essence website if registration is required as part of the entry process.
13. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Rules, from all qualifying Entries within 14 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Rules.
14. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Rules. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the Lagom Essence website in which the competition appeared.
15. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Rules. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
16. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Lagom Essence reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
17. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Lagom Essence and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
18. Each entrant hereby agrees that Lagom Essence may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media.
19. Lagom Essence does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Lagom Essence may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
20. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Lagom Essence reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
21. Lagom Essence cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
22. Lagom Essence cannot be held responsible for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Lagom Essence is not responsible for entries not received and/or any lost entries.
23. Lagom Essence is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, or providers of computer equipment or software. Failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition.
Data Protection and Publicity
24. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Lagom Essence reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.25. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Lagom Essence for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Lagom Essence to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the competition in exceptional circumstances. All entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to exclude entrants for any breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
27. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.
Last updated: March 2018